Registered Migration Agent No. 0742052










Business visa

Business owners who want to set up, or buy into a business and then actively manage the business in Australia.


Parent visa

Parent visa's allows parents of Australian residents to join their children who are living in Australia.

Balance of Family test

Parents must have 50% of their children living in Australia as Australian permanent residents.


One of the children must be an Australian sponsor, meeting the settled sponsor criteria.

To be considered "settled" the sponsor must have settled permanently in Australia prior to the Parent visa application date.

The following periods generally apply:

  • 3 months for Australian citizens

  • 2 years for Australian permanent residents


Partner visa

Australians (permanent residents and Citizens) may sponsor partners for a permanent residence visa.

There are 3 types of Partner visa's:

1) Married couples, where the visa applicant is married to an Australian.

2) De Facto couples who are not married, but have lived together for 12 months prior to application.

3) Engaged couples, where the applicant is engaged to be married to an Australian, in Australia, within 9 months of arrival.

Generally, a 2 year provisional visa is granted to married and de facto applicants. The relationship is then re-visited after 2 years (from lodgement date), and assessed for permanent residence. No further fees are due.

A 9 month visa is granted to the engaged applicant, who then makes an application for a spouse partner visa application within the 9 month validity.

Subclass 461 - New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa

This visa allows a non-New Zealand family member of a New Zealand citizen to live and work in Australia for up to five years.



Student visa

For full time Students enrolled in a  course of study. Students may only work 20 hours per week while studies are in session


Visitor visa

There are a range of Visitor visa's for different purposes.

Visitors may not work in Australia, except in extra-ordinary cases. Advice should be sought on acceptable forms of work whilst holding a Visitor visa.

Below are some common Visitor Visa's:

subclass 600 - Visitor visa

 • to visit or for business purposes

 • for up to three, six or 12 months.

subclass 651 - eVisitor

 • to visit or for business visitor purposes

 • for up to three months at a time within a 12-month period.

 • ​​​​​​This is a free visa.

 • You must be a passport holder of a certain country.

subclass 601 - Electronic Travel Authority

 • to visit or for business visitor purposes

 • as many times as you want, for up to a year

 • and stay up to three months for each visit.

subclass 444 - Special Category visa

 • This visa lets New Zealand citizens visit, study, stay and work in Australia.


Work visa - temporary (1 - 4 years)

The 457 visa program is designed for Australian businesses to sponsor overseas workers to fill temporary (4 years) skill shortages in Australia.

Visa holders generally become eligible for permanent residence via the ENS visa scheme, after 2 years, or sooner, depending on skill level of applicant.

Stage 1 - Sponsorship:

Businesses must first apply for sponsorship approval.

Stage 2 - Nomination:

Thereafter the business may apply for approval to fill a "skilled occupation". Businesses have to advertise the position locally first for a minimum period of 4 weeks.

Stage 3 - Visa application

Thereafter, the nominee (visa applicant) may apply for the visa.

Their skills & qualifications will be assessed in regards to the entry level qualifications required for the particular occupation the business is seeking to fill. (specified by ANZSCO).

Other criteria include:

• Qualifications - Apprenticeship, Trade Certificate, Diploma, Degree

• Work experience - 3 years for Trades, Diploma level, or 5 years for Degree level.


• Health insurance - Specifically for working visa purposes. Stiudent visa health cover is not appropriate. Some countries have reciprocal health cover agreements with Australia.

• X-ray (depending on passport held and previous countries visited

• Skills Assessment. In certain occupations, and if requested by the Dept.

Licensing (if applicable)

Work visa - permanent residence

The Employer Nominated Sponsored (ENS) visa is designed for companies to fill long term needs, by sponsoring overseas skilled workers for permanent residence. in an approved occupation.

To apply for the visa, the overseas skilled worker must meet various criteria:

• Be under 50 years

• Have English language skills

• Have appropriate qualifications and work experience

Licensing/registration in certain occupations

• Pass health and character tests


Working Holiday visa

For people aged between 18 and 30 from specified countries to have a holiday in Australia and to work.

Visa holders may spend 1 year in Australia to work and travel. Work is restricted to 6 months for each employer.

An extension may be granted for 1 more year to stay in Australia, if the WHV holder completes a period of designated work, (3 months) in Australia (regional), for example; mining, construction, fishing, tree farming or fruit picking.

To apply for a second Working Holiday visa, you must have already completed three months of specified work in regional Australia. This specified work must have been completed while on your first Working Holiday visa.

Specified work is work that is undertaken in a 'specified' field or industry in a designated regional area.

Approved industries for specified work include:

  • plant and animal cultivation
  • fishing and pearling
  • tree farming and felling
  • mining
  • construction.

Skill Select

Intending migrants must be invited by the Australian Government to lodge a visa application. Before an applicant may be invited, there are numerous steps to complete:

• Be less than 50 years old.

• Applicants must first have their skills assessed by an appropriate authority in Australia. This is the cornerstone of the application.

• Have appropriate qualifications.

• Have appropriate work experience.

• Meet English language skills

• In some cases, the applicant must be nominated by a State/Territory Government. Each State sets out which occupations they are looking for. States will only consider applicants with a positive skills assessment, amongst other things.

• Pass the points test. The passmark is currently set at 65 points.

Points test

Points are awarded for various factors:

• Age

• English

• Work experience - overseas

• Work experience - Australia

• Completion of a Professional year in Australia

• Qualifications - overseas qualifications

• Australian study qualifications - completion of a specific level of qualification

• Having studied in regional Australia

• Partner skills - based upon your overseas spouse or de facto partner skills

• State or Territory nomination


Please contact Bondi Migration to discuss your case in more details